    the pics in My Pictures, Spreadsheets I have saved, Word
    Docs, Quicken Books, etc.

    thanks

    Guest, May 3, 2004

  2. Can't say for sure - don't know exactly what software you have installed, or
    how you plan to reinstall it.

    Backup and you'll have no reason to worry.

    Rocky

    Rocket J. Squirrel, May 3, 2004

  3. In a nutshell, Yes. Before you start to reinstall xp from your emachine
    recovery disc make sure that you backup all your pictures, spreadsheets,
    word docs and quicken documents. The best thing to do is back them up to a
    cd. If your machine is like mine it will have come with either a cd/rw or a
    dvd/rw. I know it can be a chore, but it is always wise to regularly backup
    important data to a removable disc. It saves a lot of heartache after the
    event.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert