Excel IF function in excel

Reaction score
I am trying to write an IF Function in excel to divide by an inconsistent subtotal cell. If cell B1 is greater than 0. I want it to divide B1 by b3(which is the subtotal, but each section has a different amount of lines.

b1 c1
Qty Stocking U/M
30.00 ? IF

b1 c1
Qty Stocking U/M
30.00 ? IF

Can anyone please help?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Just so I understand, the main issue here is that the amount of rows between the focus of the IF statement (in the first one we're looking at, B1) and the subtotal (B3) varies across the spreadsheet, is that correct? As in, you want to have multiple instances of this same formula but the parameters will vary?

Reaction score
Yes that is the main issue because this report is ran out of our system. So I know there's a way to write an if statement/formula that if B2 is greater than 0. Then you want to divide cell B2 by the cell that is one cell to the right of the word Subtotal. But it's been so long since I've done it, that I can't figure it out. I have updated a little excel sheet if it helps.

Attachments

• Marilyn.pdf
    97.9 KB · Views: 134

Ask a Question