iexplore application error message

Reaction score
Hi,

Whenever I close internet explorer I get the following message from iexplore.exe application error: "The instruction at "0x026dle10" referenced memory at "0x01fdf238" could not be "read".

This causes no problem whatsoever when browsing, but I am concerned that it might lead to later problems. I have an HP laptop, XP 2 pack OP. I have run my Norton anti-virus, Lavasoft Adware and Registry Mechanic and nothing has come up. Is there some way to get rid of this rather annoying message?
Kindest regards,
Linda

Reaction score
Thank you so very much. At least now I know it's a memory problem, however, I must confess that the information given on the site is somewhat overwhelming for a non-techy such as myself. I can see that I download a zipped file and then I imagine I would run some kind of test and that it would show me where the error lies. I am concerned about repairing the error(s) myself, as truthfully, I have no idea how this could affect my system.e.g I will be unable to recognize an error or unimportant problem that does not need fixing (i.e. sometimes the lavasoft ad-ware wants to element something that I do not want eliminated). Could you possibly give me some information regarding this test that will rather relieve these worries?
Kindest regards,
Linda

Reaction score
If you have an HP than most likely you have a program called pc doctor. If so great, thats a program that checks all the hardware on your pc as well as memory. Also it has step by step instructions in the help menu.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Run 'memtest86' ... if it shows bad memeory ... replace memeory, you cant fix it.

;)

Reaction score
Thank you all very much for you kind replies and help. I'll try my PC doctor which I had completely forgotten about.
Kindest regards,
Linda

Ask a Question