IE8 problems

E

EdBice

I'm having a ton of problems with IE8. I am using Windows XP (I think).
I cannot even find a 'help' icon on any IE8 programs to know what I'm using.
It's takes longer to load anything than my IE7 did. This is very slow!
I cannot 'cut or paste' while working with any IE8 programs.
My "Right Click" will not work on any IE8 programs.
There isn't a tool bar located anywhere.
In the 'Control Panel', "Internet Options" does not work!!
In my "Remove Programs" Windows IE8 will not remove!!
Also, cannot delete Windows XP Service Pack 3.

My life is this computer and now looks like my life is over?
What a bunch of crap this IE8 is.

If you could help save my life, I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you very much.
Ed

B

Bryn_ie8team

It sounds like you need to repair IE, here are some trouble-shooting steps you may try:
1. Run your anti-virus and an anti-spyware, to check for malware infections. Microsoft Security Essentials is a good freeware AV from Microsoft.
2. Clear Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 7 or 8, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to Default level
3. If still you find your IE giving problems, close it and run IE (No Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins.
4. Run sfc /sc¬annow and at the end reboot if asked for. This will replace corrupted system files if any.
If you find it running OK, then the problem is most probably caused by an addon. In that case you have two options :
- Use the manage Add-ons tool, and disable each one after the other to find out which one is causing the problem.
- In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default. Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.

If you feel the need to Repair Internet Explorer, then this article will guide you http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer

I hope this solves your issue!

Cheers,
Bryn
IE Outreach Team

Ask a Question