IE7 won't start

alice

I just installed IE7 on one of my PCs, and it worked for a while, then
one day, when you try to open it, something flashes on the screen very
quickly and vanishes, and that's it. I've scanned for spyware and
viruses with several different programs and found nothing. The PC works
fine otherwise. I tried it in safe mode as well and got the same
problem.
I could try to reinstall it, but I'll have to download the install file
on another machine and load across the network or something, since I
don't think there is any way to install it without some version of it
already installed. Is there something else I can do to get it to work,
something else to look for? I've checked the event logs and saw nothing
unusual.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi Alice,

EnhanceIE.com - Troubleshooting Internet Explorer problems:
http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

Internet Explorer 7 does not start correctly or stops responding
unexpectedly:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926449

Also, IE7 issues are to be posted in the Internet Explorer General
Newsgroup:

Accessing Internet Explorer General Newsgroup via the Web interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...3eb-7037-4d4f-bde1-d8efee1f1420&lang=en&cr=us

Accessing Internet Explorer General Newsgroup Using a Newsreader:

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com