IE7 png images do not appear

Adrian

I have just explored IE7 and appear to have the problem described in the
following MS Knowledgebase article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822071/en-us

Symptom: When you view an HTML Web page that contains Portable Network
Graphics (PNG) images in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, one or more of the
images may not appear. Instead, only the picture placeholder image appears.

This article only refers to IE6 and says there is a hot fix available by
contacting MS.

The problem only started since I installed IE7. Has anyone else experienced
this?

Thanks,

Adrian

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting here!

I notice that you have posted the same question in our IE setup newsgroup,
to which I have already responded. Please check my answer there, and if
you need any further assistance on this particular issue please reply to me
in that thread so I can follow up with you.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

Adrian

Vincent,
I notice that you have posted the same question in our IE setup newsgroup,
to which I have already responded.

Apologies for posting it twice, but having posted it in the other group I
saw that group was about to be discontinued and it advised posting in this
group.

Adrian

Adrian

Antioch,

Thanks. I assumed the IE6 forum would be the next best as there was not an
IE7 newsgroup.

I will wait a while to see if I can get this resolved in these newsgroups
before posting anywhere else.

Adrian

Bill

Newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
does not show up when I search for that newsgroup via
Earthlink's Newgroups reader.
Bill

antioch

Hi Bill
Does it not pop into your Folders when you click on the link I gave to
Adrian?
If not then the only other choice is that ghastly web interface :-(
Rgds
Antioch

I am facing the same issue and no way to get back. Uninstalling IE7 did not
fixed the issue, now it is also the same in IE6. Reinstalling did not do
better, still the same.
It will be great to get a fix!
Thanks