IE6 hangup Movie!

QuietStormX

I have this problem surfing to ABCNEWS.com homepage. IE6 hangs, downloading
the page slow over 6 to 9 minutes then just stops. I have to use (control,
alt and delete) to clear the page from my screen, then an error is sent
about the application hang-up of IE6. I recorded a movie of this, and error
below.

Internet Explorer Error going to (ABCNEWS.com) Homepage...

szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 6.0.2800.1106 szModName :
hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Movie:
(http://x3am.home.att.net)

What is the fix for this issue? I have to search for ABCNEWS on Google, and
hope I find what I'm searching for!

"QSX"

C. Lupton

QuietStormX said:
I have this problem surfing to ABCNEWS.com homepage. IE6 hangs, downloading
the page slow over 6 to 9 minutes then just stops. I have to use (control,
alt and delete) to clear the page from my screen, then an error is sent
about the application hang-up of IE6. I recorded a movie of this, and error
below.

Internet Explorer Error going to (ABCNEWS.com) Homepage...

szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 6.0.2800.1106 szModName :
hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Movie:
(http://x3am.home.att.net)

What is the fix for this issue? I have to search for ABCNEWS on Google, and
hope I find what I'm searching for!

"QSX"

Same thing here! I downloaded Mozilla thinking it was the connection
and it worked fine. The abcnews and espn pages are the only ones I
found with the issue thus far. It is very annoying. I do think it is
the sp1 update or one of the critical patches downloaded. We updated
everything when the sobig virus was roaming around. I haven't heard
of any solution, but thought I would contribute that it is browser
specific.

- Chris

Mike Burgess

C. Lupton,
Download the latest version of Windows Script 5.6 for XP\2K
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Try installing that and see if it helps with your problem.
_______________________________________
Mike Burgess http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 8-31-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

Mike Burgess

C. Lupton,
abcnews.com - redirects to: abcnews.go.com
espn.com - redirects to: msn.espn.go.com

Try renaming your HOSTS file (with IE closed)
Then try:
http://abcnews.go.com/
http://msn.espn.go.com/
[or]
Canonical name: abcnews.go.com
Addresses:
http://199.181.134.113
http://199.181.134.150
http://199.181.135.112
http://199.181.132.144
--
Canonical name: espn.go.com
Aliases:

By chance you don't have any ".go.com" sites in your Restricted Zone?
_______________________________________

C. Lupton said:
"QuietStormX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for your reply. This one is a weird one. I have run adaware,
I have updated pc-cillin antivirus, No weird programs starting in
registry (current version, run), all updates run from windows update,
installed windows script, rolled back the video driver (nVidia with my
dell 8100), and checked the host file. I have also run with/without
antivirus. I am a developer and keep a clean startup without all of
the real player crap, kazaa and other crap I usually see in other
startups.

I am sure there is something being run on abcnews site and on ESPN
that I am having a problem with, but I don't know what it is.
Firebird is great, but I would like my ie6 to work correctly.

Thanks for throwing out an idea.

C. Lupton

Mike Burgess said:
[...]

Here is an interesting note. It works fine from my office at work
(static ip, isa server firewall, dsl connection) but not through my
home connection (dhcp, linksys router, cable modem). I don't have any
filtering setup on my dlink router and the Mozilla firebird browser
works at both places. It only doesn't work with ie6 at home. DNS
issues would most likely cause issues in both ie6 and Mozilla
Firebird. hosts has been renamed & didn't have any references in it.
It is the same laptop in both places. This issue defies logic.

Chris

Mike Burgess

C. Lupton,
See if the below helps .... hint - give it a flush ;)

Options for Using the Ipconfig Diagnostic Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314850