IE window loses focus randomly

rg

Internet explorer appears to lose focus randomly (loses
focus meaning that if I'm typing something in the address
bar, or if I'm using the scroll bar etc, the cursor
disappears). I have to click somewhere on the IE window
for it to regain focus.

It happens especially when IE is started, but can happen
anytime.

This started happening right after I installed SP2. It
did not happen before i installed sp2.

This behavior is more pronounced if IE's pop-up blocker
is on.

Don Varnau

Hi,
Check for malware. Work through the solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot)
at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.