IE patches wont install

G

I am having a problem in that when I try to do a manual update of IE6 SP1 on WINNT4 server, service pack 6a, I get a dialog promp
"This patch requires Internet Explorer 6 SP1.

I modified the registry IsInstalled=0 and tried removing/reinstalling as explained in the knowledge base. It reinstalled but I am still getting this error message when trying to install cumulative updates.

Would it be possible to force the update

I dont have access to windows update as it is blocked by the firewall on my network

Thank You

G

Download the patch to C:Go to Run and type there C:\patch name.exe /n.v example Q882265.ex
There is an space between exe and /n.
And the patch is installe

----- Evan F wrote: ----

I am having a problem in that when I try to do a manual update of IE6 SP1 on WINNT4 server, service pack 6a, I get a dialog promp
"This patch requires Internet Explorer 6 SP1.

I modified the registry IsInstalled=0 and tried removing/reinstalling as explained in the knowledge base. It reinstalled but I am still getting this error message when trying to install cumulative updates.

Would it be possible to force the update

I dont have access to windows update as it is blocked by the firewall on my network

Thank You

Ask a Question