Windows XP IE loosing connection with router and web

Reaction score
Does any reason spring to mind as to why this might be happening. Firefox is working fine but there are some things ofr which I need IE.

Have used command prompt and ipconfig to release/renew. Diasbled/re enabled LAN. Tried a repair connection. Restarted router etc etc.

None of these though addresses fact that Firefox maintains contact with router and web.

Reaction score
kevvyb said:
Does any reason spring to mind as to why this might be happening. Firefox is working fine but there are some things ofr which I need IE.

Have used command prompt and ipconfig to release/renew. Diasbled/re enabled LAN. Tried a repair connection. Restarted router etc etc.

None of these though addresses fact that Firefox maintains contact with router and web.

What connection do you have NTL by any chance?

Reaction score
Na.. Zen Interent over BT line. Has ben very good.

Seems to have been fixed though by using auto configuration script pointing at router address (rather than auto detect settings) for LAN.

This has dropped again once but seems to be okay now. I think I may have left both ticked and it didn't like that.

I put in my router's address and when I check back setting has reverted to http://127.0.0.1:1987/redirect.pac Not sure if that's normal or not?

Ask a Question