IE History

How can I restore my history of websites visited? I applied a date in the
future by mistake in the calendar and my history has disappeared. I tried to
restore to a restore point two days ago but the history is gone when I try to
access it from this history icon in IE. All of the pages seem to be intact in
the temporary Internet files folder though. Is there some way to get my
history functional again?

Malvern

"Can I restore history in IE 6?" <Can I restore history in IE
[email protected]> wrote in message
How can I restore my history of websites visited? I applied a date in the
future by mistake in the calendar and my history has disappeared. I tried to
restore to a restore point two days ago but the history is gone when I try to
access it from this history icon in IE. All of the pages seem to be intact in
the temporary Internet files folder though. Is there some way to get my
history functional again?

In IE, go to Tools>Internet options...>General tab. Near bottom is a
History section with provision to clear it and/or keep it for a specified
number of days. Put cursor on up triangle and click left mouse button until
number of days wanted is selected.

Malv

Thank you Malvern, but it didn't work. I have a feeling that since I changed
the date in my computer by mistake (I was checking on a date in the future
and must have clicked apply instead of cancel) in date and time properties
to a date further in the future than the 20 days I was keeping as my page
history, the computer must have dumped the last 20 days from the history
access. I was hoping to somehow be able to restore the info in the temporary
internet files folder to the history folder...Any ideas? I have found the
history folder but it contains a .dat file and I can't open it...Thanks,

Robert