IE causes error and closes

marco

I can open a web page from inside Windows Explorer, but
when I try to run IE directly it opens the error report
windows (... encountered an error and must close).
Error report window also appears when a web page that is
being viewed from Windows Explorer tries to start a pop-up
window. I tried to re-installed IE but without success,
and I cant' seem te be able to remove it completely

Thank you for the replies:
I was able to solve my problem through:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm#IEOpen
and Spy Sweeper from: http://www.webroot.com/
Thanks again.
This is probably a parasite/malware problem.
Start with CWShredder 1.51 from http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads.php

Then if necessary download, *update* and run Ad-aware and/or Spybot.
See: Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Also note security tips on that page.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"marco" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I can open a web page from inside Windows Explorer, but
when I try to run IE directly it opens the error report
windows (... encountered an error and must close).
Error report window also appears when a web page that is
being viewed from Windows Explorer tries to start a pop- up
window. I tried to re-installed IE but without success,
and I cant' seem te be able to remove it completely

.

Christie

Thank you - I had the same problem and the CWShredder
worked.