    Hi
    I'm having this problem with IE 6, when I'm using FTP to access a remote directory and I double clikc on a file I want to download, the 'save as' dialog pops up (as expected), but the 'Save as type' indicates that it's a .zip file. The extenion of the file is actually .1of2 (could be 1 of many) so technically the extension isn't associated with any program. The file is however a .gzip (archive) file. Is there a work around for this, so that the file is saved with no intervention by me with its given filename. Or is IE smart enough to know, even though the extension doesn't indicate file type, that it's a zip file

    Don

    Guest, Apr 23, 2004

    H Leboeuf Guest

    Set if up as you would a .zip file.

    You set this for each file type, e.g. for .zip
    Explorer-View-Folder Options-File Types
    Find the .zip association (may be WinZip File)
    Edit, (or click Advanced on ME or XP) and check the "Confirm open
    after download" box

    The path to Folder Options may vary according to your operating
    system. It may be:
    Explorer-View-Folder Options
    Explorer-Tools-Folder Options
    Start-Settings-Folder Options
    Start-Settings-Control Panel-Folder options.

    Source: Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    --

    Henri Leboeuf
    Web page: http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/index.htm

    H Leboeuf, Apr 24, 2004