IE 6.0 in windows XP ad's do not load

Hello.

I've noticed that IE6.0 in Windows XP isn't loading the ads.

so when i navigate to a page that many ads, it just display the page can't
be displayed.

but here's what's annoying. I use backspace key to go back to the page i
came from.

and with ad's not loading i have to use multiple backcspace keystrokes to go
back to the page i came from./

what's wrong and how do i fix it?

my security setting is at default, medium.

thanks all in advance

sean

PA Bear

Adding to Don's reply, Spybot offers a custom hosts file. Are you running
Spybot and did you enable its hosts file?

The Backspacing issue is default behaviour in SP2. The intervening "ad
director" pages are blocked and you're taken to the page you wanted without
seeing these "ad pages".

WinXP SP2: What's New for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/ieoeoverview.mspx

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Browsing
Security Enhancements
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843017
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Don said:
Hi,
It sounds like you may be using a HOSTS file- possibly the one from:

Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

There are instructions on that page for disabling or editing the HOSTS
file. More info on HOSTS files at
The Hosts File (Gorilla Design Studio):
http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"sean" wrote in message
I've noticed that IE6.0 in Windows XP isn't loading the ads.

so when i navigate to a page that many ads, it just display the page
can't be displayed.

but here's what's annoying. I use backspace key to go back to the page i
came from.

and with ad's not loading i have to use multiple backspace keystrokes