Icon graphics in gridview drop-down field?

Mark B

I'd like to have a field in a gridview (or standalone on a webpage) that not
only drops down each salespersons name but also precedes their name with a
blue, red, green or orange dot icon depicting what group they belong to.

Can drop-downs have such graphics as opposed to just text?

TIA

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Mark,

As for dropdownlist control, it is the wrapper of html <select> element. It
support limited formatting feature in each select item/option. As far as I
know, it support some simple backcolor or forecolor style for each item.
But cannot support embeded image in each item. I think you may search for
some custom dropdownlist for some ideas:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1061726/1525767.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/custom-controls/ComboAdjustDropDownWidth.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Mark,

Does the information in previous messages help you some or have you got any
progress?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Thanks for the followup Mark,

If there is anything else we can help later, welcome to post here.

From: "Mark B" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Icon graphics in gridview drop-down field?
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:02:23 +1200