I wonder if C# would insulate me against...

Mayayana

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-our-strategy-with-silverlight-has-shifted/7834

| LOL.. That was one of the articles that started that rumor.
|
| Here is teh official clarification:
| http://team.silverlight.net/announcement/pdc-and-silverlight/
|
| Silverlight is not going anywhere.

The concensus I saw was that Muglia's post
was lukewarm support. Backtracking about
something that maybe he shouldn't have let
out. I wonder if that's why he got fired. (Or
as they say in the press releases, "moved on to
other challenges".)

But I'd agree that Silverlight isn't going anywhere. :)

Cor

No it does not more than VB6, CSV itself is to old for that.

It is replaced by XML

Cor

"DanS" wrote in message

Accounting applications that accept keyboard or barcode
input and output meaningful financial reports. And to try
out vb.net, I successfully cobbled together enough code to
read an old 8,200 + record random access file containing
business info. .

Looking back at it now, maybe you should have just written a
file converter in VB6 to take the RAF and export a CSV. That
would have taken 5 minutes, or 20, to make it a full app
w/proper error handling and such.

I haven't used .Net database anything yet, but I'm sure it
supports CSV files. Maybe not editing, but surely importing to
save in an actual DB format.

StrandElectric

"DanS" wrote in message

Looking back at it now, maybe you should have just written a
file converter in VB6 to take the RAF and export a CSV. That
would have taken 5 minutes, or 20, to make it a full app
w/proper error handling and such.

I haven't used .Net database anything yet, but I'm sure it
supports CSV files. Maybe not editing, but surely importing to
save in an actual DB format.

Coverting my data to a CSV is an interesting alternative, but it doesn't
meet the objective of getting some live experiece with vb.net (which I've
got now)!