    and turn it off but I'm not very computer savy. If you can help I will need
    it to be explained as detailed as possible. I have "disabled it" but it is
    still interrupting.

    Tam1969, Sep 27, 2010

  2. Tam1969

    StephenB Guest

    Windows Defender is free and is included in Vista and Windows 7 and can only be
    disabled, not removed. It can be uninstalled from XP via add/remove programs -
    however, it doesn't install automatically.
    See this article for how to disable it:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Defender-on-or-off
    -steve

    --