I want to be able to type vertical text on an excel worksheet

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions' started by Guest, Aug 9, 2006.

    Is this possible?

    Guest, Aug 9, 2006

    Dave Guest

    Darla

    Right click on the cell you want to have vertical text in and select "Format
    Cells" click on "Alignment" and change the click on button that shows the
    text in the vertical orientation.

    Dave

    Dave, Aug 9, 2006

    PCLIVE Guest

    Highlight the cells you want the text to be verticle. Right-click the
    highlighted area and select Format Cells. Click the Alignment tab. Change
    the orientation option on the right as desired.

    HTH,
    Paul

    PCLIVE, Aug 9, 2006

    Mraggie Guest

    Mraggie, Aug 9, 2006

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Not my idea of vertical typing.

    What orientation do you wish?

    There are two methods of achieving vertical text.

    Using the protractor in Alignment or just clicking on "Text" beside the
    protractor.

    Try both to see which you like best.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Aug 9, 2006