I think this is the right forum, I've got a laptop without a number pad, and I need to be able to us

G

I have a laptop, and I'm currently on a program which requires me to use the plus sign on the number pad, I don't want to have to transfer the program to another computer, But I need to be able to use the plus sign of the number pad
Is there anything I can do? Is there a special key combination I can use? Is there some keyboard model that I can attach and use in replacement of my laptop keyboard? Like a keyboard with a wire that can attach to a port on my laptop

NOTE: My laptop is a Toshiba, if that's important, and obviously can't use the average keyboard

This probably isn't the right forum, I wouldn't know, I'd be glad to redirect this if it's not, just tell me.

B

BobC

I have a laptop, and I'm currently on a program which requires me to use the plus sign on the number pad, I don't want to have to transfer the program to another computer, But I need to be able to use the plus sign of the number pad.
Is there anything I can do? Is there a special key combination I can use? Is there some keyboard model that I can attach and use in replacement of my laptop keyboard? Like a keyboard with a wire that can attach to a port on my laptop?

NOTE: My laptop is a Toshiba, if that's important, and obviously can't use the average keyboard.

This probably isn't the right forum, I wouldn't know, I'd be glad to redirect this if it's not, just tell me.

Plug a regular keyboard into the laptop's ps2 connector.

K

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

the plus sign on the number pad, I don't want to have to transfer the
program to another computer, But I need to be able to use the plus sign of
the number pad.use? Is there some keyboard model that I can attach and use in replacement
of my laptop keyboard? Like a keyboard with a wire that can attach to a port
on my laptop?redirect this if it's not, just tell me.
Plug a regular keyboard into the laptop's ps2 connector.

How about the on-screen keyboard in the accessibility group.

B

BobC

I have a laptop, and I'm currently on a program which requires me to use the plus sign on the number pad, I don't want to have to transfer the program to another computer, But I need to be able to use the plus sign of the number pad.
Is there anything I can do? Is there a special key combination I can use? Is there some keyboard model that I can attach and use in replacement of my laptop keyboard? Like a keyboard with a wire that can attach to a port on my laptop?

NOTE: My laptop is a Toshiba, if that's important, and obviously can't use the average keyboard.

Use the numeric keypad on your laptop.
Fn F11 on my Toshiba.

H

Haggis

most laptops i've seen have a function to turn part of the keyboard into
number pad...something like FN + NumLK

Steve J said:
I have a laptop, and I'm currently on a program which requires me to use
the plus sign on the number pad, I don't want to have to transfer the
program to another computer, But I need to be able to use the plus sign of
the number pad.
Is there anything I can do? Is there a special key combination I can use?
Is there some keyboard model that I can attach and use in replacement of my
laptop keyboard? Like a keyboard with a wire that can attach to a port on my
laptop?

This probably isn't the right forum, I wouldn't know, I'd be glad to
redirect this if it's not, just tell me.

Ask a Question