Windows XP I ran a code and it created duplicates of Local Disk Drives. Please help me out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I received a message shown below and i ran that on my computer, after that it created duplicates of all my D: E: F: G: Local Disk drives, it created multiple copies of each drive and now I have Local Disk Drives starting from D: E: ..... to Z: and I am unable to delete them, can you pelase help me out with this. I want to keep only original Drive i.e. D: E: F: and G: and I want to delete all Duplicates.

Below is the code that I received through mail (please dont run this on your computers).

[Mucks Edit: code deleted]

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So you just ran something someone sent you in a message that you didn't know what it did and now you need help? :rolleyes:

Sorry i got no sympathy for you.

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I jus restarted my computer and everything is working fine now. I am all set.
Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You, are an ID 10 T

Post anything like that again and it will be your last post.

:user:

Reaction score
Adios guys....
I never thought people over here are so disgustin. Though I havent judged all of u.. but lemme tell u i was really worried.... First of all.... I ran that code coz that mail was sent by my own sis... and as every1 trust their family members and so I did but after that I was a bit worried coz I thought my system is at a risk and I got seeking help from this Forum which I joined recently.... But.... I never thought that the ppl over here r so vulgur so mis-mannered... Some1 says that he have no mercy fr me... some1 warn me sayin that its goin to b my last post... You are a Moderator, it desont mean that you got all the power, more over, if you have all the power then u shold keep in mind that you are not making any negative advantage of it..... nywayz my experience of joining this Forum was jus disgustin... I can never forget this in my life... specially these "muckshifter" and "V_R" mannerless guys... who can never understand others problems.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I may seem harsh, my bite is worse than bark, I did over-react to your post, I admit it.

Unfortunately we have our far share of "posters" who try to introduce some form of nastie or other. It is one reason we Mods are here.

You seem to be a little "green" where security of your PC is concerned ... no email, no matter who from, should be considered safe. Sorry, but that is the sad state of things today.

You received a Code to run, you didn't think it would cause any harm because it was from your sister ... did you check it out ? Well, obviously not, you just ran it on your PC blindly. Sorry, but in my book that is a rather foolhardy thing to do.

I hope you actually learned a valuable lesson from your experience.

I apologise for myself for over-reacting to your post ... I was a little blind to what you were asking for ... all I saw was the code, and saw red.

Sorry, you take me as I am or you don't.

:user:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question