I need more help

My McAfee Virus Scan wasn't working and would not reinstall. I followed advice I got on here and tried Panda, which located and cleaned the virus which was affecting my McAfee. I was then able to reinstall my McAfee Virus Scan. But now it still won't update. McAfee tech told me it was because I have Panda software on my computer now and they are conflicting. He said I need to completely uninstall the Panda software. It doesn't show up in my Add/Remove section, only in my Registry Editor. Can someone tell me how to completely remove this Panda software? Thanks.

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that
may require you to reinstall. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

1. Go to Start -> Run
2. Type in Regedit. select OK, this will open the editor.
3. Just navigate to down to the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
4. Under this key, you would a list of keys, Please go to each key and on
the right hand side if you see the value of "DisplayName" lists "Panda" in
the name, then delete the entire key
5. Then navigate to the key to the following keys and Delete any value that
refers to a name like "Panda"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
6. Close the editor
7. Go to Start -> Run
8. Type in msconfig, select OK, this will open the System Configuration
Utility
9. Select the startup tab and see if any Startup Item points to Panda. If
so, uncheck the item.
10. Restart the system
11. Then open C:\Program Files and delete the folder which with name as
Panda
12. Restart the system.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--From: =?Utf-8?B?VENXaWxk?= <[email protected]>
--Subject: I need more help
--Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:44:01 -0700