Windows 7 I need a FREE CD/DVD Burning Software?

Reaction score
That works with Windows7.
Seems the version i have of Nero (about 5 years old) will not work with Win7.
Did try Burn4Free but that does not work either.
Any suggestions would be most welcome, cheers in advance folks.:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Imgburn?

How about the inbuilt burning software within Win7?

Reaction score
feckit said:
Theirs inbuilt software with Win7?:blush:
Er, whereabouts?:blush: :blush:

Erm right click on whatever it is you want to burn to CD/DVD > Send to > Select your CD/DVD burner, then drag and drop your files or whatever into the open window..Bobs yur uncle, job done...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
CDBurnerXP also works in Windows 7 (despite the name!). :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Also, most online suppliers will sell you an OEM Nero lite CD for about a fiver. You may have to buy something else to justify the OEM purchase though, not sure.

I think Nero are up to Version 9 atm.

On my media machine I recently purchased the full version of dbPoweramp (cos imo it's very good and I didn't mind paying for good software, it cost £25.00) and it has it's own basic CD burner with it, so I'm using that.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The best freeware program for burning CD/DVD is CDBurnerXP, which Ian also pointed out. This program is the one I used extensively before switching to Linux. It is the least resource hungry burner software and does a very good job of it, this also is the most popular free burning software with the geeks.

Try it, you have nothing to loose.

CDBurnerXP 4.2.7.1801

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I received some flac files recently which I wanted to burn to CD but on attempting to make the CD with Nero 8 (full version) it seems Nero 8 doesn't recognise flac files. That's a bit naff innit?

So I sent the files over my network to my media machine and burnt them with dbPoweramp.

But it made me think I should install an alternative to Nero 8 to handle flac files so what I'm basically asking is: is CDBurner XP any good and does it have the same amount of (audio CD) features as Nero?

I'm thinking in particular of being able to select silence in between tracks individually on every track and also selecting burn speed.

As I mentioned before the dbPowerAmp burner is very basic but works wonderfully well.

I suppose I could install that on the machine with Nero 8 on but if CDBurnerXP is free I figure I'd like to try it.

Oh, and does CDBurnerXP recognise flac files?

TIA :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes it supports it and yes you can do most things, go ahead and give it a shot, you are fully coverd with money back guarantee:D

Ask a Question