Windows XP I lost windows admin password

Reaction score
hallo everybody,,
recently i make a mistake.. i changed my admin password and now i am unable to recall it again....
if anybody can help me...???
i am using power account..
system win XP sp2
plz reply i am waiting...

Reaction score
systems administrator

I suggest you get your systems administrator to reset it for you. :thumb:

Reaction score
i am myself am a administrator... and i cant logon with admin rights...

plz help me otherwise i ll ve to format the disk and will ve to install win with new admin password..

cant i retrieve or reset admin password...

Reaction score
Well it's up to you to decide what is best to do.
But i do suggest you use a password you can remember in future!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
hmm, i seem to remember something in the user settings about a forgotten password, i think it made a sort of emergency disk

if you can log on and get to the user account settings you might be able to make one

Reaction score
if anybody can tell me what can i do now.....

cause it has become a headache for me .......
i cant format disk to reinstall windows cause i ve lot of very important data...
i cant transfer it anyhow.. cd writer is locked.. laptop is under guarentee period... and there are many such problem...
the only answer to this is i need to find or reset the Administrators Account Or the account with the Administrators rights....

plz plz help me....

Reaction score
Sounds like your a bit fooked but you could try the following Reset Admin password
But you say that you cd-rom drive is locked (what do you mean?) in which case the above isn't much help but there you go.

Cheers,

Rich

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As several have suggested, use a live linux distro, retrieve data, reinstall Windows and if you do insist on having a password, this time write it down somewhere safe.

Ask a Question