I know its a long shot BUT

Reaction score
COMPUTER FOR SALE BARGAIN READ ME NOW!!! sorry

...I have considered my options and come to this.

My computer is now DRASTICALLY reduced in price...
...now comes with Dual SATA drives in a Raid 0 Array...
... and now comes with some software and games...

If anyone is interested, make me an offer.

Yeah i do know its a stab in the dark...but hey. Nothing to loose
(As long as moderators dont suspend me like they did on OCUK for "breaking the ruless") ;)

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yeah i do know its a stab in the dark...but hey. Nothing to loose
(As long as moderators dont suspend me like they did on OCUK for "breaking the rules") ;)
Well, it's OK by me, I don't know how the other guys feel.

imo it may be better for you to ask a price, as most people are very reluctant to make offers as they'll either go in too high or very low, which usually prompts a reply from the seller along the lines of 'You're taking the p**s aintcha mate?'

Not good.

And perhaps a link in this thread to your original 'for sale' thread may help.

Good luck.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
(As long as moderators dont suspend me like they did on OCUK for "breaking the ruless")
Private sales don't break "the rules" ... traiders do. :)

Good luck with the sale. :D

Reaction score
Hey there - I am looking to see if anyone would like to buy a computer because i need more experience in building them - possible career. Also this one is just TOO heavy to lug around! This is the system, the oldest parts are less than 5 months old and it fly's like a bitch!

System spec is as follows:

- Abit IC7-G Max 2 Advance

- Intel P4 2.8GHz 800Mhz - Capable of doing 3.2GHz stable at stock voltage

- Cooled by a thermalright SP-94 with 80mm fan

- 2x256Mb sticks Dual channel OCZ PC4200 533MHz can run at cas 2 (2-7-3-3) possibly even faster - rated for 2.9v

- Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb DVI/TV Out (speeds can reach 430Mhz core and 360Mhz memory)

- Dual 80Gb Samsung silent SATA HDD 7200Rpm 8Mb Cache Raid 0 Array

- practically new Sony DVD Burner - writes all/most formats (DVD at 4x)

- Samsung CDRW 52x

- Floppy Drive

- Leadtek Winfast PVR2000Deluxe with Remote Control (TV Capture/S Video/AV inputs)

- All in an Antec SOHO File server - all drives in black to match. Looks the part lockable side door and front door, dust filter, multiple drive lights, removable drive caddy's, snap in fan mounts)

- Antec TRU POWER 400w Power Supply with Active PFC making it environmentally friendlier and very reliable, low noise

- Legitimate original copy of Microsoft Windows XP Home

£777.77 or reasonable offer

edit: This time round i'm throwing in software and games too

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It really is a very fine system isn't it?

Whoever buys that will be getting a good machine.

Price is now more realistic, imo.

Good luck with the sale, perhaps it may help if you hosted a pic and provided a link to it?

btw, I'm assuming it's just the tower for sale, no peripherals such as Monitor, keyboard, mouse or speakers?

Reaction score
It is an awesome pc - im glad you agree that the price is now ok :)

I shall hunt for a pic.

no monitor - just bought that 454 remember :D but if it was OVERLY necassary i could probably dig out a K/b and mouse...

ok found a couple pics - see attached.

Attachments

• 06050021.JPG
    06050021.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 0605dcfv0002.JPG
    0605dcfv0002.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 191

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Looks neat n tidy inside, and a pretty nifty case to boot. Much better price, but still outta my league.

Good luck with the sale.

Also, i think PCFormat do a classified section on there forums, you might wanna try that, 1000's of people visit it on a daily basis.

Reaction score
hmmm... just got a bollocking from a moderator for trying to earn money at PC Format. aparently Future dosent like it...

so...uh... anyone want a PC? :D:D:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you tried the Hexus Forums?

You need 50 posts before you can advertise stuff, but they welcome 'For Sale' ads.

I haven't been there in some time now, was a member for a few months but found the whole atmosphere a little too 'cliquey' for my liking :(

But I still sell stuff there now and again.

Reaction score
stuff the 50 posts i just shoved it in the bargain hunt section. sometimes when moderators lock the thread the dont delete the text meaning they can still see the ad...
i wonder...

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Chris

Like I said b4 I would have definately gone for it, but have now got a god one after my MT experience. Keep trying and good luck to you!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

You've got some good components in your PC.

I'd say you should go with something a bit better than a 2.8GHz though, Maybe a 3 or 3.2. Mentioning you've over-clocked it won't help, to some people it would be like buying a second hand Renault 5 Turbo from a boy racer.

I've got a couple of P4 3.0GHz "Prescott" processors here, still in their boxes. If you don't have any luck with selling it as it is, perhaps you may like to part-ex your 2.8 for one?

I also live in Hampshire (Fareham nr. Portsmouth)

Anyway, Good luck!

Ask a Question