I hope someone is here right now!!!

dwash

I found a file called windows/system32/wbem/repository/FS/objects.data
which is 1 gig in size which I don't think was there last week.
How do I get rid of this thing

Tom Ferguson

I'm not sure why you want to "get rid of" the file or directory. I
realize you are nervous of its presence. Please make sure you are aware
of the effect on your system if it should be removed. Also recognize that
if you were to check through all the system directories you would find
that there are a great number of system files whose function is unknown
to you.

As a start, have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216738

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

:
: I found a file called windows/system32/wbem/repository/FS/objects.data
: which is 1 gig in size which I don't think was there last week.
: How do I get rid of this thing
:
:
: --
: dwash

dwash

Tom said:
I'm not sure why you want to "get rid of" the file or directory. I
realize you are nervous of its presence. Please make sure you are
aware
of the effect on your system if it should be removed. Also recognize
that
if you were to check through all the system directories you would find
that there are a great number of system files whose function is
unknown
to you.

As a start, have a look he
http://tinyurl.com/c9ba7

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"dwash" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
:
: I found a file called
windows/system32/wbem/repository/FS/objects.data
: which is 1 gig in size which I don't think was there last week.
: How do I get rid of this thing
:
:
: --
: dwash
Thanks, I want to get rid of this file because 1 gig that wasn't there
5 days ago is just too much for anything. I had 1.5 gig free on my hard
drive and this file shows up modified on the 23rd Oct about 1 gig in
size and my free space is down to 500 Meg. Add 2 + 2 and I get "how do
I get rid of this thing"

As for what it is, I found out that it has to do with Windows
Management Interface.

dwash

Stubbo.Of.Oz said:
I found a file called windows/system32/wbem/repository/FS/objects.data
which is 1 gig in size which I don't think was there last week.
How do I get rid of this thing

Been plenty of discussion on this file - just Google for it:-

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F6C45201C

Thanks Stubbo.

I went there and after searching a few pages (mostly about viruses and
spyware) I came across one which suggested a corrupt WMI and described
how to delete the files and let Windows recreate them in their proper
format.