I have never encountered a corporate culture that as indifferent to customer satisfaction as Brother

psa

-----Original Message-----

From: Fax\MFC Hardware [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:45 PM

To: Harry

Subject: RE: ****IncidentID:756439**** Customer PIN: PaperPort 9.0 Deluxe
Feature failure Feature not working (KMM490102V30180L0KM)

Brother Customer:

The problem you are describing is a Paperport 8.0 problem. Paperport has
corrected the problem in Paperport 9.0, however we are not licensed to
include that software package with our MFC units as Scansoft does not offer
licensing for the 9.0 software at this time.

Brother International has adopted Microsoft's required software practices in
order to provide a more stable computer environment on your computer. The
WIA specification is to be implemented on all Windows XP applications in the
future.

We do not have a Twain driver nor will we be able offer one for Windows XP
at this time.

Sincerely,

Fax/MFC Software Support

Customer Service

Brother International Corporation, USA

(e-mail address removed)

Original Message Follows:

-------------------------

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate that Brother only supports PaperPort 8, but this is not a
PaperPort problem. I am pleased to report that PaperPort 9 seems to work
just fine with the DCP 8025D. PaperPort 9 provides duplex scanning
functionality that this machine is capable of, but PaperPort 8 cannot
provide due to software limitations.

PLEASE RECONSIDER BROTHERS FAILURE TO PROVIDE XP compatible TWAIN drivers
for Brother scanners. Brother is unique among scanner manufacturers in not
providing XP TWAIN drivers. This severely limits an otherwise good product.

Word is getting out that Brother stands alone in letting its customers
suffer under the limits of WIA and that Brothers claim that it is not
possible to provide XP compatible scanner drivers that hold settings is just
not true.

I have never encountered a corporate culture that as indifferent to customer
satisfaction as Brother has been in this matter.

Harry