Windows XP i have multiple OS, some not working properly.. and other problems!!!

Reaction score
my brother tried to reinstall windows xp service pack 3 hoping to delete the virus but it turns out that he installed another Os creating 2 Os in our computer.

the things is the original OS cannot run properly, it keeps on restarting for setup installation. and that OS has an account of mine which i cannot open now.

the problem is, i privitize that account but the since i cant open it, i tried to search the files on the second newly installed OS, the folder was there but i cannot open it(coz it was privitize).....

what shall i do? how can i open and retrieve the files?

and i need to press F8 to view the "OS choose something" every startup of our computer..

how do i fix all this problem.. plsssss help!!!

Reaction score
If you're using Windows XP - Professional then use the Security tab to add yourself as the Owner to the files and folders.
If you're using Windows XP - Home Edition use this article to add a Security tab and then add yourself as the Owner of the files and folders.

As for fixing the whole two Operating Systems thing, I suggest you remove all partitions and then format the Hard Drive (after recovering any data you can), then make a new partition and install a fresh copy of Windows onto it.
Edit: You can do this using the Windows XP Installation disc; boot from the CD to reach this menu.

shockbolter said:
i need to press F8 to view the "OS choose something" every startup of our computer..
This I do not understand. Could you explain a bit clearer please?

Ask a Question