I got a good one here

C

Chris Denny

The story of how this all came about is too long, but here's what is going on and what I'm trying to do.

I have 3 HDD 1 40 gig IDE (D drive), 1 120 gig IDE (C drive) and 1 320 gig SATA.(I drive)

During my install of Vista the original install went to the 40 ( I'm not sure why ) so when I reinstalled, the installation went to the 120, but because of some dumb mishap ( probably an 1D10T error ) I can't boot without the 40 (the 40 has a copy of Vista on it currently but my C drive is on the 120 ). So I bought the Seagate 320 and cloned my C drive in hopes of going to one HDD. Well, it cloned my C like it was supposed to but won't boot from it. All I get from BIOS is a message telling me there's no NTLDR. If I try to boot from the 120 which has the C drive, nothing happens either. So I have to have D and C drives hooked up in order to boot.

Computer Management Console tells me C is my boot and page file partition but as I said before it won't boot from C alone.
What I want is everything on my SATA drive. I have DVD with the OS on it, but bought my prouduct key from the Digital Locker so I am not sure what my product key is even if I wanted reformat and try again ( which I don't, I have too much important stuff there )
So any helpful suggestions would be appreciated in helping me solve my issues.

Thanks

N

non flammable on XP

leave only the drive you want to work with as C, and boot with your vista dvd
there are options there to repair the bootloader.. read here
http://lifehacker.com/software/troubleshooting/vista-tip--repair-bootmgr-is-missing-error-251733.php

after you do all that connect the other drives, go to the bios and make sure the drive you want is the first hard drive to boot

The story of how this all came about is too long, but here's what is going on and what I'm trying to do.

I have 3 HDD 1 40 gig IDE (D drive), 1 120 gig IDE (C drive) and 1 320 gig SATA.(I drive)

During my install of Vista the original install went to the 40 ( I'm not sure why ) so when I reinstalled, the installation went to the 120, but because of some dumb mishap ( probably an 1D10T error ) I can't boot without the 40 (the 40 has a copy of Vista on it currently but my C drive is on the 120 ). So I bought the Seagate 320 and cloned my C drive in hopes of going to one HDD. Well, it cloned my C like it was supposed to but won't boot from it. All I get from BIOS is a message telling me there's no NTLDR. If I try to boot from the 120 which has the C drive, nothing happens either. So I have to have D and C drives hooked up in order to boot.

Computer Management Console tells me C is my boot and page file partition but as I said before it won't boot from C alone.
What I want is everything on my SATA drive. I have DVD with the OS on it, but bought my prouduct key from the Digital Locker so I am not sure what my product key is even if I wanted reformat and try again ( which I don't, I have too much important stuff there )

Thanks

S

Spanky deMonkey

http://lifehacker.com/software/troubleshooting/vista-tip--repair-bootmgr-is-missing-error-251733.php

after you do all that connect the other drives, go to the bios and make sure the drive you want is the first hard drive to boot

See you have no idea what you are talking about. You are stupid, stupid, stupid. You are an IDIOT because you think you know what you are talking about but you don't. You were seen on "To Catch A Preadator" and are ashamed to walk the neighborhood.

Jerk. Idiot. Moron.

Thanks

N

non flammable on XP

warning to all readers.. this poster is called doris and is mentaly unstable..

ignore her

See you have no idea what you are talking about. You are stupid, stupid, stupid. You are an IDIOT because you think you know what you are talking about but you don't. You were seen on "To Catch A Preadator" and are ashamed to walk the neighborhood.

Jerk. Idiot. Moron.

Thanks

Ask a Question