I dont know how can I make this work..forms/queries

Reaction score
Hello.....

I have Categories, Products, Order Details, Orders and Employees table in my database. All of the tables have primary keys and is on a one to many relationship. Employees table is linked to ORDERS in a 1 to many relationship and ORDERS table is linked to ORDER DETAILS one to many relationship then PRODUCTS table is linked to ORDER DETAILS one to many relationship. On the Order Details table, I have Order Id, Unit Price Quantiy In and Quantity Out fields.

I am a newbie to Microsoft Access programming. I would like to know can I make a Item Entry field a user can enter the employee ID number that will open up a form where Order details fields are there but are blank ready for appending. That form will be open up for that employee only. There would be a save button that will save the items added on the blank fields.

I would also like to add that there will be a label from the form above that will automatically substract Quantity-Out when an entry for Quantity Entry is made. The Quantity Out and Quantity In can have different dates. If a value in Quantity In is entered but greater than Quantity Out, it will not be accepted. A prompt will appear.

I feel that using Access can do this and with your expert help in this newsgroup, I can make this possible.

Thanks for all your help.

Ask a Question