I can't recieve or send emails!! please help

ayne3000

I was downloading all my emails from server. it got about 2 3rds of the way
through and then just stopped. I have been trying to downoad the remainder
of the emails but no luck. Whe i open up windows mails it appears to
recognise that there is mail to download from the serve but the hang for a
lont ime and then posts this warning:

inactivity. Account: 'SkyeDance', Server: 'pop.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Pleae Help!!!

Gary VanderMolen

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)