I can't open any powerpoint files i download

asteriasylvester

The reason is always like this:

The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirusprogram is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.

Please somebody help me to solve it.

Panic

wrote in message
The reason is always like this:
The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you
from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your
antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists
and >the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your
antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do
this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the
Please somebody help me to solve it.

Do you have the PowerPoint Viewer installed? Right click the PPT file and
choose Open With. Choose PPT viewer.

Panic

wrote in message

Obviously they were corrupted, make use of how to fix powerpoint file
corrupt

This item http://www.fixcorruptedpowerpointfile.powerpointfix.com will aid
you to open powerpoint documents

Since you included the word "any" in your subject line I assume you have
tried to open numerous PPT files and they don't open. Do you have the
PowerPoint program on your computer or just the PPT reader? Perhaps the
wrong program is being used to try to open the files. Save one to your
desktop, right click it and choose "open with" to see what program is trying
to open it. If it's not your PPT program or reader change it..click a
checkmark in the "always use this program for this type file" and try to
open them again.

padmasinekg

Sir,
I am unable to open my pptx.
I showing repair, ihave tried all the online solution to open but unable toopen it.

So please its very important presentation for me.

So kindly requested to repair the file and make the file wok

Comment: show while opening my presentation
The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirusprogram is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.
please give some solution ASA.

Rambo

Sir,
I am unable to open my pptx.
I showing repair, ihave tried all the online solution to open but unable to open it.
If you download a presentation ... i doubt that's "my pptx"

Perhaps your download aborted before the end of the download letting an
incomplete file.
Or may be the file is corrupted.

In the first case you can try downloading again.

But in the title you said that you cannot open ANY pptx files you download.
Perhaps your powerpoint is too old.

selvasg567

The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent you from opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirusprogram is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sure you turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.

insomniacatheist

open file properties and click unblock button.

Yup! That simple fix did it for me, and I had the same problem (and the same fix) with WORD. Thanks!

matt.livigne

The reason is always like this:

The presentation cannot be opened. Your antivirus program may prevent youfrom opening the presentation. To fix this problem, make sure your antivirus program is current and working correctly. If the problem persists and the presentation is from someone that you trust, turn off your antivirus program, and then try to open the presentation again. If you do this, make sureyou turn on your antivirus program again after you open the presentation.

Please somebody help me to solve it.

I had the same problem. To fix, I went into....
File... Options... Trust Center... Trust Center Settings,
and they I unchecked "Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet"

Hopefully I am not exposing my computer to potential security threats, as it is warning me against that, but my anti-virus program should be taking care of that.

rickw.cc

I have just got off the phone to microsoft with the answer.
I use Vista with Microsoft Office 2010
I could not open files downloaded by clicking on them without getting error message. I had to save then open Powerpoint 2010 then click open file search for file and then open.
Simple fix.
Open Powerpoint
Click File
Click options
Click Trust Centre
Click Trust Center Settings
Click Protected View
Untick first three boxes
and all is well for a merry Microsoft Xmas

Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thanks a lot guys!!!!
You reallllllly help me out there..if felt like the solution comes out from nowhere n it solves my problem that i face for a week in a blink of eyes..thank you guys.you really help me out there.thanks all..keep the good work!