    The Excel worksheet is NOT read-only, off course.
    In the Tools/Securitu/Macros menu, the level is low
    In the Tools/Security/Permissions I have all the permission for this table

    Guest, Jul 14, 2007

  2. These updates disabled the ability to update linked EXCEL spreadsheets when
    you use ACCESS 2002 or ACCESS 2003:

    Office XP
    KB904018, dated October 18, 2005. See
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904018

    Office 2003
    SP2. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904953/en-us

    This feature has been disabled for legal reasons. Microsoft's own words:
    "Because of legal issues, Microsoft has disabled the functionality in Access
    2003 and in Access 2002 that let users change the data in linked tables that
    point to a range in an Excel workbook." Microsoft lost a legal case
    (lawsuit)
    involving a person who claimed a patent on the feature.

    These changes did not affect ACCESS 2000 or ACCESS 97.
    --

    Ken Snell
    <MS ACCESS MVP>

    Ken Snell \(MVP\), Jul 14, 2007

    ajetrumpet

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2007
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ken,

    I had an Excel link to an Access table using Access 2003 a few jobs ago, and I did most of my data editing in Access. What exactly are you referring to??

    I guess you're saying that the problem is the automatic update feature for windows, right?? If you're on the highest setting, you never get a message as to when updates are being downloaded...case in point, that might be dangerous.

    ajetrumpet, Jul 15, 2007