I cannot print a Snapshot file

I was e-mailed a snapshot file and it is not printing correctly-only part
prints (as in a web page). I tried right-clicking the file and printing and
also printing from the print icon at the bottom of the page, but it still
prints only part of the file.

Joseph Meehan

Compassion said:
I was e-mailed a snapshot file and it is not printing correctly-only
part prints (as in a web page). I tried right-clicking the file and
printing and also printing from the print icon at the bottom of the
page, but it still prints only part of the file.

Sorry. This is a newsgroup dedicated to questions about Access, the
database program in Office Professional. It appears your question may not
be related to these subjects. The Microsoft help system is not all that
clear and may have misdirected you here.

It is best to ask your questions in a newsgroup dedicated to the
subject of your question. You should find people better able to address
your problem there.

Note: It is always best to indicate the name and version of any
program(s) you may be using when asking a question and also indicate the
operating system (like Windows XP or 98) when you ask a question.

Where is the appropriate place for a question re: .snp files? (Windows 2000,
Snapshot Viewer 10.0.6515.0. My understanding was that Snapshot was somehow
connected to Access.)

Wayne Morgan

Does the file view correctly? What size paper was the snapshot designed for
and does your printer support that? Do you have your printer setting set for
Draft, Ink Saving, or some similar term indicating reduced quality printing?
Was the snapshot designed with smaller margins that your printer is capable
of?

As a work around, you may want to down load Stephen Lebans's ReportToPDF
example. It is capable of converting a snapshot file to a pdf file. The pdf
may work better for you.

http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm

I will try your suggestion of Leban's. Thank You!

Currently Snapshot is printing portions as if this is a web page. It appears
to be a full page on portrait, letter size paper. Everything else I am
printing prints correctly and I do not have any of the settings checked that
you are referring to. I have never received a .snp file before so am
unfamiliar and searched the database and cam up with the original attempts as
I noted in my first post.

Joseph Meehan

Compassion said:
Where is the appropriate place for a question re: .snp files?
(Windows 2000, Snapshot Viewer 10.0.6515.0. My understanding was that
Snapshot was somehow connected to Access.)

It appears that Access does connect with Snapshot as a way producing
copies of reports. Interesting as I was not aware of that capability and I
have had a few cases where the apparent capabilities would have been handy.
Sorry I can't offer any suggestions for you.

Sorry if I may have offered some misdirection.

I don't understand what exactly you mean by "only part prints (as in a web
page)."

Last year, I helped an individual who had a problem opening a snapshot file
that I had sent to him. You might try taking a look at some of the articles
indicated in the message shown below.

Tom

http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/search.html