I bought ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (256meg) NO Problems

RipFlex

I have bought the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 megs Graphics card from ATI
Technologies themselves, not a cheap third party company. And it have the
2.8ns Samsung RAM. ^_^

Besides the degraded OpenGL, IMPO from the Cat 3.5 - 3.7 versions,
performance is fine in many of the games I play in 4xFSAA/8xAF. CAT 3.8 -
3.9 are just perfect with much improved openGL visually and performance. I
have never encounter as many problems any of you have ranted and cried
about. I wonder any of you who have purchased similar ATI Graphics card
have been equally pleased? And what blew you away most (in what game) about
your new ATI card?

Mine was the stunning visuals/performance in UT2003, and more in my OLD old
Quake2 with R1GL opengl renderer adding more visuals in my diehard MODS I
still play. Makes new games stunning and old games continue to shine.

Taipan

RipFlex said:
I have bought the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 megs Graphics card from ATI
Technologies themselves, not a cheap third party company. And it have the
2.8ns Samsung RAM. ^_^

Besides the degraded OpenGL, IMPO from the Cat 3.5 - 3.7 versions,
performance is fine in many of the games I play in 4xFSAA/8xAF. CAT 3.8 -
3.9 are just perfect with much improved openGL visually and performance. I
have never encounter as many problems any of you have ranted and cried
about. I wonder any of you who have purchased similar ATI Graphics card
have been equally pleased? And what blew you away most (in what game) about
your new ATI card?

Mine was the stunning visuals/performance in UT2003, and more in my OLD old
Quake2 with R1GL opengl renderer adding more visuals in my diehard MODS I
still play. Makes new games stunning and old games continue to shine.
Likewise.. bought the ATI branded R9800 Pro 128Mb when it was still an
eye-watering £330 and no problems since. Still running Cat 3.8 but may move
to 3.9 soon.

Tim Miser

Why not go to 6xFSAA and 16x AF? With my 9700 Pro and can do this with all
but just a few games where I'll lower the FSAA to 4x but my AF is always at
16X with little to no impact on FPS.

-Tim

James Riske

I have bought the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 megs Graphics card from ATI
Technologies themselves, not a cheap third party company. And it have the
2.8ns Samsung RAM. ^_^

Besides the degraded OpenGL, IMPO from the Cat 3.5 - 3.7 versions,
performance is fine in many of the games I play in 4xFSAA/8xAF. CAT 3.8 -
3.9 are just perfect with much improved openGL visually and performance. I
have never encounter as many problems any of you have ranted and cried
about. I wonder any of you who have purchased similar ATI Graphics card
have been equally pleased? And what blew you away most (in what game) about
your new ATI card?

Mine was the stunning visuals/performance in UT2003, and more in my OLD old
Quake2 with R1GL opengl renderer adding more visuals in my diehard MODS I
still play. Makes new games stunning and old games continue to shine.

I bought a 9800xt about a month ago and have been having zero problems
with it.
I think the two best looking games on it so far would be Jedi Academy
and Elite Force2, both game running 6x fsaa and 16x af with no
slowdowns anywhere.

RipFlex

Wow, thatnx for the q1 mod info. Glad to here others are enjoying the card
to. Thought this was nothing but a complaints department. :)

4x/8x fine with me.... just all peachy.

John Hall

No problems here either. My 9800 pro runs fast and beautiful with UT2003,
Quake 3, and now that the cat 3.9's have been issued, FS2004. No
complaints. This is the card du jour.

JK

Dark Avenger

RipFlex said:
I have bought the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 megs Graphics card from ATI
Technologies themselves, not a cheap third party company. And it have the
2.8ns Samsung RAM. ^_^

Besides the degraded OpenGL, IMPO from the Cat 3.5 - 3.7 versions,
performance is fine in many of the games I play in 4xFSAA/8xAF. CAT 3.8 -
3.9 are just perfect with much improved openGL visually and performance. I
have never encounter as many problems any of you have ranted and cried
about. I wonder any of you who have purchased similar ATI Graphics card
have been equally pleased? And what blew you away most (in what game) about
your new ATI card?

Mine was the stunning visuals/performance in UT2003, and more in my OLD old
Quake2 with R1GL opengl renderer adding more visuals in my diehard MODS I
still play. Makes new games stunning and old games continue to shine.

Good question, I got a second hand ( yes.. but it was cheap for what
it is ) Ati Radeon 9500 Pro. Why...

Because it has 8 pipelines, and now I can play many games like they
should be. The most nice thing about it I find is that the lighting
effects are so ..good and.. Max Pain II for instance, the mirrors show
such a perfect image ( for a small cheap ass mirror wich are always a
bit dirty or blurry, good effect of the maker of the game ) ... the
stuff that lies on the ground,

Coupled with my Audigy II, I can say, it's a nice gaming experience.

Aquamark... that is so nice, because now I don't have an fps of 20 or
15 while watching the explosions creep over the screen. No, I actually
see them in rather nice realtime, with up to 40 FPS.

I haven't yet tried Quacke II or Unreal

Vice City at FSAA 6x Aniso 16x is a dream... and so nice. To finally
be able to work those edgies away.

Generally, for an already older card i'm quite happy. It shows it
muscles in situation where my old GF4 couldn't do that.

It aint a 9800XT... no.. but it has 8 pipelines, renders speedy like
hell, and generally said i'm overhappy with it.

Maybe if I overclock it a bit it even runs better :)

RipFlex

Dark Avenger said:
"RipFlex" <[email protected]> wrote in message

[...]

Yes the ATI Radeon 9500 is a steal if you can find the suddenly
*discontinued* card.

A few of my friends have them. I think Me and 1 other Friend of mine always
get bleeding edge video cards. After many benchmarks on the 9800XT, and
seeing only an aveerage of 3 FPS increase compared to my 9800 pro (256), I
will not upgrade. Maybe even wait until the PCI Expess Video cards com out
late next year :p

Dark Avenger

RipFlex said:
Yes the ATI Radeon 9500 is a steal if you can find the suddenly
*discontinued* card.

A few of my friends have them. I think Me and 1 other Friend of mine always
get bleeding edge video cards. After many benchmarks on the 9800XT, and
seeing only an aveerage of 3 FPS increase compared to my 9800 pro (256), I
will not upgrade. Maybe even wait until the PCI Expess Video cards com out
late next year :p

To bad they discontinued the product, in a way understandable... after
all.. the card is just TO GOOD for it's value! And ati can't life from
air!

Nowadays you have to pay a rather high amount of money to get 8
pixelshaders working for you. The 9700 still gets sold... against
reasonable prices. So if anybody around here yet wishes a card that
can play DX9 perfectly, finding an 9700 Pro is yet pretty easy.

I will hang on with this card untill it gets to slow, wich .. at a
certain moment will happen anyway. But I guess it will take quite long
before such happens.

Don Burnette

RipFlex said:
[...]

I have been very happy with my 9700 Pro 128mb ATI card, have been running it
for a few months now.
I am most impressed with the ability to run AA and Anistropic without a
severe performance hit, like I used to see with my Nvidia cards.
I typically run 4X AA and 16X Anistropic, graphics in the games I have look
great, and I typically run at 1280x960x32

Cobblers!

I have bought the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 megs Graphics card from ATI
Technologies themselves, not a cheap third party company. And it have the
2.8ns Samsung RAM. ^_^

Besides the degraded OpenGL, IMPO from the Cat 3.5 - 3.7 versions,
performance is fine in many of the games I play in 4xFSAA/8xAF. CAT 3.8 -
3.9 are just perfect with much improved openGL visually and performance. I
have never encounter as many problems any of you have ranted and cried
about. I wonder any of you who have purchased similar ATI Graphics card
have been equally pleased? And what blew you away most (in what game) about
your new ATI card?

Mine was the stunning visuals/performance in UT2003, and more in my OLD old
Quake2 with R1GL opengl renderer adding more visuals in my diehard MODS I
still play. Makes new games stunning and old games continue to shine.

BS, the 3.9 OpenGL drivers are NFG in IL-2 Sturmovik FB.