Hyperlinks in 2003

John

In Outlook 2003 using the outlook editor (not Word) is there a good way to
create links to files for internal use (links to files on file servers).
The only thing I found seems to create links to websites.

the other way to solve this would be, is there a way to use multiple
signatures in 2003 using word as the editor?

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hello John,

It seems you are using Outlook editor and would like to create links. In
addition, you would like to check if we can use multiple signatures in 2003
using Word as the editor.

First, I would like to explain that we focus on one issue per thread. For
the second question, I suggest you open a new post.

For the first question that creating links with Outlook editor, I would
like to explain that conversion of e-mail names and internet addresses is a
feature of Word editor, Outlook editor could not display links. I suggest
you can just switch to Word editor, if you have any trouble to use Word
editor, feel free to let me know.

For more information of Word editor, please check following article.

About using Word as your e-mail editor
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052428501033.aspx?pid=CH06356563
1033

For the second question to use multiple signatures, I'm glad to provide
following information for your reference. If you have more questions,
please start a new thread.

We can use multiple signatures in Outlook 2003:

-Switch to another signature in a message
-Use a different signature for replies and forwards
-Use a different signature for each e-mail account

For more information, please watch this demo:

Multiple signatures for your multiple roles
http://office.microsoft.com/training/Training.aspx?AssetID=RP011892021033

If you have any questions, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: "John" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Hyperlinks in 2003
| Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:26:56 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| In Outlook 2003 using the outlook editor (not Word) is there a good way
| create links to files for internal use (links to files on file servers).
| The only thing I found seems to create links to websites.
|
| the other way to solve this would be, is there a way to use multiple
| signatures in 2003 using word as the editor?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

In Outlook 2003 using the outlook editor (not Word) is there a good way to
create links to files for internal use (links to files on file servers).
The only thing I found seems to create links to websites.

Both UNCs and file:// URLs should work. They do for me.

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hello John,

I am just checking to see how this is going. Please drop me a quick note at
your convenience to let me know the current status of this issue. If you
have any concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks, and have
a great day! :)

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Daisy Cao [MSFT])
| Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:52:17 GMT
| Subject: RE: Hyperlinks in 2003
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|

| Hello John,
|
| It seems you are using Outlook editor and would like to create links. In
| addition, you would like to check if we can use multiple signatures in
2003
| using Word as the editor.
|
| First, I would like to explain that we focus on one issue per thread. For
| the second question, I suggest you open a new post.
|
| For the first question that creating links with Outlook editor, I would
| like to explain that conversion of e-mail names and internet addresses is
| feature of Word editor, Outlook editor could not display links. I suggest
| you can just switch to Word editor, if you have any trouble to use Word
| editor, feel free to let me know.
|
| For more information of Word editor, please check following article.
|
| About using Word as your e-mail editor

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052428501033.aspx?pid=CH06356563
| 1033
|
| For the second question to use multiple signatures, I'm glad to provide
| following information for your reference. If you have more questions,
| please start a new thread.
|
| We can use multiple signatures in Outlook 2003:
|
| -Switch to another signature in a message
| -Use a different signature for replies and forwards
| -Use a different signature for each e-mail account
|
| For more information, please watch this demo:
|
| Multiple signatures for your multiple roles
| http://office.microsoft.com/training/Training.aspx?AssetID=RP011892021033
|
| If you have any questions, feel free to post back.
|
| Regards,
|
| Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "John" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Hyperlinks in 2003
| | Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:26:56 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| | create links to files for internal use (links to files on file
servers).
| | The only thing I found seems to create links to websites.
| |
| | the other way to solve this would be, is there a way to use multiple
| | signatures in 2003 using word as the editor?
| |
| |
| |

John

i think the method for changing signatures in word will solve the issues for
us.

Daisy Cao said:
> [...]

| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "John" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Hyperlinks in 2003
| | Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:26:56 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| | create links to files for internal use (links to files on file
servers).
| | The only thing I found seems to create links to websites.
| |
| | the other way to solve this would be, is there a way to use multiple
| | signatures in 2003 using word as the editor?

Hi John,

I just want to double confirm if you have solved the original Outlook
issue? If there is anything I can do for you, please post back and let me
know. Thank you.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: "John" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Hyperlinks in 2003
| Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:01:05 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| i think the method for changing signatures in word will solve the issues
for
| us.
|

| > Hello John,
| >
| > I am just checking to see how this is going. Please drop me a quick
note
| > at
| > your convenience to let me know the current status of this issue. If you
| > have any concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks, and
have
| > a great day! :)
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > ====================================================
| > rights.
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Daisy Cao [MSFT])
| > | Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:52:17 GMT
| > | Subject: RE: Hyperlinks in 2003
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| > |
| > |
| > | Hello John,
| > |
| > | It seems you are using Outlook editor and would like to create links.
In
| > | addition, you would like to check if we can use multiple signatures in
| > 2003
| > | using Word as the editor.
| > |
| > | First, I would like to explain that we focus on one issue per thread.
| > For
| > | the second question, I suggest you open a new post.
| > |
| > | For the first question that creating links with Outlook editor, I
would
| > | like to explain that conversion of e-mail names and internet
addresses
| > is
| > | feature of Word editor, Outlook editor could not display links. I
| > suggest
| > | you can just switch to Word editor, if you have any trouble to use
Word
| > | editor, feel free to let me know.
| > |
| > | For more information of Word editor, please check following article.
| > |
| > | About using Word as your e-mail editor
| > |

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052428501033.aspx?pid=CH06356563
| > | 1033
| > |
| > | For the second question to use multiple signatures, I'm glad to
provide
| > | following information for your reference. If you have more questions,
| > | please start a new thread.
| > |
| > | We can use multiple signatures in Outlook 2003:
| > |
| > | -Switch to another signature in a message
| > | -Use a different signature for replies and forwards
| > | -Use a different signature for each e-mail account
| > |
| > | For more information, please watch this demo:
| > |
| > | Multiple signatures for your multiple roles
| > |

http://office.microsoft.com/training/Training.aspx?AssetID=RP011892021033
| > |
| > | If you have any questions, feel free to post back.
| > |
| > | Regards,
| > |
| > | Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
| > |
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > | ====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > servers).
| > | |