HP DJ450 won't print

Alan Morris [MSFT]

HP said no problem with the inbox drivers, there is a Windows Update fix
that addresses a manual duplex issue but other than that the inbox print.

From: W L (Hewlett-Packard)
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:39 PM
To: Alan Morris; W F (Hewlett-Packard)
Subject: RE: are there any special requirements for the Deskjet 450

Alan,

I don't remember seeing this since Vista inbox driver test page has to print
correctly. I just verified this since I have a DJ 450 handy. I don't have
issue to print with Vista DJ 450 inbox driver (PnP). I have Vista Ultimate
not Home Premium though. I don't think it could have difference as far as
printer driver concerned.

By the way, The DJ 450 Vista inbox does have a manual duplex printing issue.
It will not stop for user to turn page for printing. The HP Vista WU package
(fixing the auto duplex formatting issue as well) has the fix for this.

Thanks.

Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Alan Morris said:
I sent some mail to the HP contacts that work on the MS campus. The lead
test is out so let's confirm you are not experiencing any corrupted
drivers. Since you did state that you had tried everything, I'll assume you
already unistalled the printer and the drivers and reinstalled. One thing
that does not get uninstalled is the print processor. Verify that the
HPZPPLHN.DLL file is located under the
\windows\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86 directory.

it should be about 89,600 bytes

Are there any system events when the job is printed? I'm specifically
looking for 6161.

this is the information from the installation inf file for this device.
HP wrote all these files except the unidrv core files.

"HP Deskjet 450" =
HPF0450T.GPD.ICM_LH_PHASE5,hpdj4506CD8,DOT4PRT\VID_03F0&PID_0512&Rev_0100,Bthprint\hpdj4506cd8,HP_Deskjet_450
; Hardware ID

[HPF0450T.GPD.ICM_LH_PHASE5]
CopyFiles=HELP_LH,HPC_COMMON_LH,HP_PRNPROC,@HPZ3RLHN.DLL,@HPZ3ALHN.DLL,@HPZSSLHN.DLL,@HPF0450T.GPD,@HPZ3CLHN.INI,@HPZSMLHN.GPD,@HPZ3MLHN.GPD,@HPF0450T.XML,@HPZSCLHN.DTD,@HPFRES50.DLL,@HPFIME50.DLL,@HPFIGLHN.DLL,@HPZPRLHN.DLL,HP_LANGMON,CIO_COPYFILES_SYS32,DUSTDEVIL_COPYFILES_SYS32,CIO_COPYFILES_SPOOL,DUSTDEVIL_COPYFILES_SPOOL
DataFile=HPF0450T.GPD
LanguageMonitor="PCL hpz3llhn,hpz3llhn.dll"
PrintProcessor="hpzpplhn,hpzpplhn.dll"
CoreDriverSections="{D20EA372-DD35-4950-9ED8-A6335AFE79F0},UNIDRV.OEM,UNIDRV_DATA"
RegisterDlls=DustDevilReg

[HELP_LH]
HPZENLHN.CHM,,,0x00000020

[HPC_COMMON_LH]
HPZEVLHN.DLL
HPZSTLHN.DLL
HPZUILHN.DLL

[HPPRPROC]
HPZPPLHN.DLL,,,0x00000020

[DustDevilReg]
11,,HPBMIAPI.DLL,1,300
11,,HPBOID.DLL,1,300
11,,HPBOIDPS.DLL,1,300
11,,HPBPRO.DLL,1,300
11,,HPBPROPS.DLL,1,300

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

rights.

Renato said:
Is directly connected to the computer..

Alan Morris said:
I assume you are getting random characters on the page

Is the printer connected to a USB hub or directly to the computer?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

rights.

:

[MSFT]
wrote:

Yes I have always thought that hiding the PnP printers is silly but
the
PnP
group made the call on this.

and then

Nope it's all PnP.

So why do some show up as hidden and some as not?

Any ideas on the "foreign printers"?

I have the same problem with HP Deskjet 450 in Windows Vista...

I've tried all before i get here .. I'm out of ideas.. Please Help!