    entire Active Directory OU structure?

    Thank you!

    Brian B

    Brian B, Apr 6, 2006

  2. Marc Scheuner, Apr 6, 2006

  3. Brian B

    Herb Martin Guest

    Marc Scheuner wrote:
    >> Anyone know how to, or what tool to buy, that allows printing out of the
    >> entire Active Directory OU structure?

    > I wrote two ADSI browsers, that allow you to VIEW (but not print) your
    > AD structure:
    >
    > http://adsi.mvps.org/adsi/Delphi/adsibrowser.html
    > http://adsi.mvps.org/adsi/csharp/beavertail.html
    >
    > Both are free to use - enjoy!
    >
    > Marc

    With Marc's tool if you can VIEW it you can use Snagit or similar
    tools to capture and print it -- might not be convenient if your
    OU structure is overly complicated but it could work.

    [Just how complicated IS this OU hierarchy?]

    You could use Visio (I think it takes Pro edition, but Enterprise
    edition even lets you EDIT the results by manipulating the Visio
    objects).

    This is a bit expensive but works. (less so for Pro, and maybe a
    less version does this too, but I seem to remember not.)

    You can of course just open it up in AD Users and computers and
    either export it to text or take a screen shot (Snagit etc.)

    OR you could write a trivial ADSI or LDAP program to get the structure
    and format it with Perl so some other simple language.

    Depends a little on how much you wish to spend, how much you want to
    work, what OUTPUT you actually need, and how often you wish to do this
    (e.g., once or every week), etc....

    --
    Herb

    Herb Martin, May 31, 2006
  4. Brian B

    Ken Aldrich Guest

    You can do this with DSRAZOR for Windows as well. Since all Tree Views and
    List Views are exportable to file in DSRAZOR, you could take any applet that
    shows your OU/Container Drilldown, select "Expand All" and right-click
    export.
    www.visualclick.com/?source=export061206

    --
    Ken Aldrich