    images are pulled in as embedded images?

    Thanks,
    Joe

    Guest, Oct 10, 2007

    Hi Joe

    Have a read of this for background info:
    Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or
    email a presentation
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00155.htm

    There is a link in the article to the free demo of FixLinks which should
    solve the problem for you.

    Lucy
    --
    MOS Master Instructor
    www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

    PowerPoint Live 2007 28-31 October in New Orleans www.pptlive.com
    See you there

    Guest, Oct 11, 2007

    Hi Joe

    Have a read of this:
    Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or
    email a presentation
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00155.htm

    Within it you will find a link to the free demo of FixLinks which I think
    will solve your problem.

    Lucy

    PS Sorry if this is a repeat post - my internet connection is playing up.
    Again.

    Guest, Oct 11, 2007

    Glen Millar Guest

    > Within it you will find a link to the free demo of FixLinks which I think
    > will solve your problem.
    >
    > Lucy
    >
    > PS Sorry if this is a repeat post - my internet connection is playing up.
    > Again.

    It's a long way from the internet to where you live?

    <g>

    Glen Millar, Oct 11, 2007

    Re: How to save ppt with linked images as a ppt with embedded imag

    "Glen Millar" wrote:

    > It's a long way from the internet to where you live?
    >
    > <g>

    Mate, I'm in Adelaide - it's a long way to *anywhere*
    <g>

    Lucy

    Guest, Oct 11, 2007
  6. In article <>, Jdwinx wrote:
    > I have a ppt with hundreds of linked images. I did not realize that the image
    > linking used an absolute address as opposed to a relative address (why they
    > did this I have not figured out yet). The problem is that when I send the ppt
    > and the linked images to a co-worker, he can't see the images because the
    > path where they are saved is different. I have them all on a D: drive and he
    > doesn't have a D: drive and it is a little much to ask him to partition his
    > drive and create the EXACT same directory structure I have just to view the
    > linked images. If Microsoft would have only made the linking relative to the
    > ppt, all this could have been avoided.
    >
    > So my question is, is there a way to save the ppt where all the linked
    > images are pulled in as embedded images?

    The free FixLinks demo will either convert linked images to embedded images, or
    will adjust the links so that they'll work so long as the PPT and linked images
    are in the same folder.

    http://www.pptools.com/fixlinks/

    To be perfectly clear: the free demo will do either. No need to purchase
    anything.

    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
    PPTools: www.pptools.com