How to release and renew ip address remotely(by passing administrative credentials)?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Networking' started by parikhhiral@gmail.com, Sep 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    Is there any way/script to release and renew ip address of multiple
    machines remotely?
    Details: We have around 40 machines in a LAN. Every day, at a
    particular time, these machines are used by different user, for
    different kind of work so we have to switch these machines' vlan
    (because these users have totally different set of requirements) and
    need to release their currnet ip and get a new ip (from new vlan) by
    renewing it. Both the vlans have DHCP configured. I am able to release
    all the machines' ip addresses (using psexec utility) but as the ip has
    released, I am loosing the connection to all these machines and am not
    able to renew it.

    Another problem is, these users have limited authority so I can not run
    any script on these machines without passing administrative
    credentials. RunAs command only takes username but not the password so
    its not useful in this case.

    Please someone suggest me a way to do this job remotely and avoid
    manual work.

    Thanks in advance.

    Hiral

    , Sep 24, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Is there any way/script to release and renew ip address of multiple
    > machines remotely?
    > Details: We have around 40 machines in a LAN. Every day, at a
    > particular time, these machines are used by different user, for
    > different kind of work so we have to switch these machines' vlan
    > (because these users have totally different set of requirements) and
    > need to release their currnet ip and get a new ip (from new vlan) by
    > renewing it. Both the vlans have DHCP configured. I am able to release
    > all the machines' ip addresses (using psexec utility) but as the ip has
    > released, I am loosing the connection to all these machines and am not
    > able to renew it.
    >
    > Another problem is, these users have limited authority so I can not run
    > any script on these machines without passing administrative
    > credentials. RunAs command only takes username but not the password so
    > its not useful in this case.
    >
    > Please someone suggest me a way to do this job remotely and avoid
    > manual work.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Hiral

    Rather than using psexec.exe to relese the IP addresses, use
    it to run a local batch file that releases and renews the leases:

    @echo off
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Sep 24, 2006

  3. 3c273 Guest

    Create a batch file on each machine and execute that with psexec. Something
    like:

    ipconfig /release
    ping -n 5 localhost
    ipconfig /renew