how to notify contacts of change of e-mail address

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by Rafael de Armas, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. What is the fastest way of doing this short of sending
    individual messages to each contact one by one!

    Rafael de Armas, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Rafael de Armas

    Orrie Guest

    I just did this, and it was simple. Open a New message form and click on To:
    (or click on the Address Book icon on the toolbar.) A 'Select Names' window
    will open showing the names in your default address book list.

    Highlight the contacts you want from the Names list, and click on Bcc. Use
    Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy), so each recipient will only see his/her name and
    not everyone's. I think this is not only courteous, but may avoid friction
    with people who don't want their e-mail addresses sent out to a bunch of
    people they don't know.

    If you have a number of separate Contact lists (i.e., Clients, Family,
    Friends, etc.), you can click on 'Show names from the:' to select a
    different list, then add those names to your Bcc:

    When you've added all the names you want to get your message, click OK, then
    type your message and send it. I asked people to reply to tell me that they
    received my message, because I was shutting down my old e-mail address, and
    I wanted to be sure all my important contacts knew that.

    I don't know if there is limit to the number of people you can address at
    once, but I mailed to several dozen contacts with no problem.

    Orrie

    Orrie, Aug 6, 2004

  3. FYI, ysour ISP may impose such a limit.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Aug 6, 2004