    The main problem is we are importing data to excel file from a text file
    with a delimiter. We need the first row to be bold. How can we achieve bold
    thing without manual modification.

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

    Hi
    use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

    Hi
    for an addin see:
    http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

    I am importing data from text file, and I dont want to do modify the excel
    file after importing. I can modify the text file however I can.
    If I say ="First "&"Row"; and import it into excel, it gives me "First Row"
    at cell A1. Likewise can I make it bold from the text file itself?

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

    Frank Stone Guest

    hi,
    formula return a value, they cannot perform an action like
    make something bold print. so forget that approach.
    you did not say how you were importing. if you are
    importing manually then you may be stuck with manual bold.
    if you are importing with code then
    Range("A:A").FontWeight = 700 'bold

    hope this helps
    regards
    Frank

    Frank Stone, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Text files don't contain formatting.

    You'll have to do something after you import the data into excel.

    I like to record a macro when I do this--starting at the import.

    I continue to record while I adjust column widths, print layout, filtering, and
    even bolding.

    Then the next time I have to import the same type of text file, I just open up
    that workbook that contains the recorded macro and execute that.

    It actually makes things easier--no dialogs to go through!

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Oct 25, 2004

    Frank Kabel Guest

    Hi
    no this is NOT possible. Formulas can't change formats

    --
    Regards
    Frank Kabel

    Frank Kabel, Oct 25, 2004