Access How to make an Access 2007 pop up block the background items

Reaction score
Hello, is there a way to make pop-up forms, reports, etc. prevent the user from accessing what's behind that pop-up? I want users to use the pop-up's "close" button to get the pop-up out of the way. I don't want them to just minimize it, or move it out of the way.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Yes, just use the switchboard manager. If I understand you correctly, you only want a menu to pop up when they open the database. Without completely securing it, you can make the switchboard manager to come up when they click the icon for the database. The way they can get around it is by holding down the shift key when they click it and that can be a concern. If there are only a few users and you don't believe they will do this and you don't have malicious users, you can probably get away with just this. Otherwise, secure your database.

Reaction score
Thanks, but the starting setup isn't the concern. I actually already have a switchboard in place using an auto exec macro, which brings the user directly to a menu. From there they go into various forms and reports. But what I want to be able to do is from one of those forms, click a button on the form to bring up a pop up (that has a warning, for example). And I don't want them to be able to click on the form behind the pop up until the clear the pop-up itself.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to do this without having the pop up take up the whole screen. They should still be able to see the form behind the pop-up, just not be able to click the form. The need to hit OK first, or do whatever needs to be done in the pop-up.

Ask a Question