How to install Compact Framework on Pocket PC2002 device

Lewis Wang [MSFT]

Hi Boble,

Please try the method below:

First, install ActiveSync on your PC. You can download it from:
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=67e9e87c-ca96-48b4
-b5d4-f3e047ca5108&displaylang=en>

Then, connect your PocketPC to your PC using the USB connection wire.
Windows will recognize it automatically.

Last, launch VS.NET 2003, New a project(C#) of smart device application,
press start (or F5), choose PocketPC Device (not emulator) and press
"Deploy".

Your application and the .NET compact framework will both be installed.

HTH
I think this problem can be better answered in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework, thanks.

Best Regards,
Lewis Wang
Support Professional
<mailto:[email protected]>