How to import E-mails from Windows Mail into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Chad @ EventHorizonTech.net" <Chad @
These people seem
to fail to realize that the common average user might not be familiar with
the triple export and import hack needed to get one's email from a former
microsoft product to a current one. This issue is terrible at best and M$
should have a tidier way to handle it.

I agree that Microsoft whould make it easier to transfer data between each of
its mail clients, but on the whole, if done correctly, it's fairly easy.
I have clients with .eml files in
subfolders which used to sit in their Inbox under Windows Mail sitting on
their desktop and outlook has no way of reading them. I'm currently looking
for a way to import the subfolders so that the clients inbox looks like it
used to.. More to come.

Sorry, but Outlook Express does not keep its messages as eml files. If you
copy the OUT OF Outlook Express, then they will be eml files, but not while
their in Outlook Express's data base where it normally keeps messages. If
your clients have eml files, they've already screwed themselves. Ask them why
they did it and then teach them the proper way to transfer the data.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From what I recently just came across, the client had vista, they exported
all their data as windows mail

And right there they made their mistake. They should research what they wish
to do before flailing away with a shotgun approach which is likely to no only
fail, but make it difficult to impossible to correct.