    So my question is this: How to I disable MUP.sys from within the recovery
    console.

    Thanks

    Knight, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Knight

    S.Sengupta Guest

    "Knight" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > XP Startup STOPS with the white bar on the bottom and shows "mup.sys" as

    the
    > last file
    > loaded in the load (the textmode stuff shown in safe mode
    > boots)
    > like this
    > multi(0)\rdisk(0)\harddisk(0)\partition(1)\WINNT\System32
    > \mup.sys or similar.
    >
    > It seems that my motherboard has a chip that does not like MUP.sys driver.
    > I read that there is a way to tell xp NOT to load a driver from within the
    > recovery console, but I have not found how this is actually done.
    > So my question is this: How to I disable MUP.sys from within the recovery
    > console.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hello!
    check your hardwares, may be USB device is faulty.
    with regards,
    ssg/pronetworks.org

    S.Sengupta, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Knight

    Knight Guest

    Your answer is not the one I wanted, as you can see by my question, I know
    what you are saying and have checked all other alternatives. All I need is
    the info I ask. That is..." how to disable MUP.sys from the recovery
    console."

    Thats why I double typed my question. To avoid answers like yours.

    your remind me of this:
    Q: I need a gas station, where can I find one?
    Your A: Have you checked your fuel pipes if they leak?

    I know you wanted to help and I thank you for it,... but I am in a crappy
    mood now.

    Kenny

    Knight, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Knight

    S.Sengupta Guest

    Hi!
    Extremely sorry .
    Now Try this:-
    In the Recovery Console type " disable Mup.sys "
    with regards/
    ssg/pronetworks.org

    S.Sengupta, Sep 20, 2003