How to I change a read only document to a normal for correcting

lbj

Elaine said:
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?

michael

Elaine said:
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?

Laura

Elaine said:
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?

Phil

Elaine said:
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?

HappyP

Elaine said:
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?

Stefan Blom

If the document is restricted (by settings in the Restrict Formatting and
Editing task pane in Word 2007 or the Document Protection task pane in Word
2003), you should be able to get rid of the protection by inserting the file
(via the Insert File dialog box) into a new file.

To display the Insert File dialog box:

- In Word 2007, click Insert tab | Object | Text from File.

- In Word 2003, click Insert | File.

johnson

Elaine said:
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?

John

Elaine said:
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need to
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file to
one I can work on?

Terry Farrell

Ask the sender to send it without edit protection or to let you have the
password.

How can I Unlocking doc in the program?

Question I open even a new doc and I can save it to another folder or name
it tells me that this doc is modified is not allowed and the dco is locked!
So were on this program cand I change this? I cant open or change a thing

Gordon

"How can I Unlocking doc in the program?" <How can I Unlocking doc in the
[email protected]> wrote in message
Question I open even a new doc and I can save it to another folder or
name
it tells me that this doc is modified is not allowed and the dco is
locked!
So were on this program cand I change this? I cant open or change a
thing
on anything?? Thanks for your help Darrel

Is this a TRIAL version of Office that has either expired or you haven't
activated?