    Cmd icon in your %SystemRoot%\System 32 folder."

    How do I find this folder? Thanks.

    Bill

    Bill, May 30, 2008

  2. Click start, and type :
    %systemroot%/system32
    and hit enter.

    --
    click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web interface.
    http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm see ''rate a post''
    Mark L. Ferguson

    Mark L. Ferguson, May 30, 2008

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Hmmm. really simple. thanks.

    Bill

    Bill, May 30, 2008
  4. Related Info:

    Recognized Environment Variables:
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...70c6-462c-9e8f-591d14d875cd1033.mspx?mfr=true

    --
    Regards,

    The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
    Windows® Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Bill" <> wrote in message news:...
    Hmmm. really simple. thanks.

    Bill

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, May 30, 2008
  5. Yes, I've always wondered why %systemroot% is actually %windir%, whereas
    %systemdrive% is the one that %systemroot% CLAIMS to be (the root (C:/) of
    the drive windows is on). I suppose it's a simple documentation error.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson

    Mark L. Ferguson, May 30, 2008
  6. Perhaps they meant System32's root (parent folder), which is C:\Windows?

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, May 30, 2008
  7. From the Technet link:
    - - -
    SYSTEMROOT
    - Refers to the root of the system drive.

    - - -

    Ah.. yes. Seems to be a documentation error!

    Ramesh, MS-MVP, May 30, 2008