How to find out when you're getting full fibre internet

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just stumbled across a really handy site that might give you an idea of when full fibre is going to be deployed in your area (if you're not connected already). Most homes should have full fibre by 2025, so none of us will have to wait too long.

This site lists all roadwork permits requested by broadband providers and draws them on a map. I can see a line of roadworks steadily approaching my house from about 1.5 miles away:lol:. Hopefully that means it'll be here by the end of the year!

Reaction score
I'm struggling paying for the standard FTTC with VM for standard 268mb so i doubt very much i'll be upgrading anytime to faster speeds anyway

Still an interesting map to look at. Thanks Ian

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Me lucky to have the fibre internet since more than a year ago, there are still plenty of areas in my city which still do not have the fibre internet. I opted for the half gig connection and I get excellent speed all the time for both upload and download. Here is the screenshot of the speeds on my Iphone in the house.

Attachments

• 255E9097-FD3F-47B9-B3A7-8F84B2E523F1.png
    255E9097-FD3F-47B9-B3A7-8F84B2E523F1.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 10

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
City Fibre have been causing a right mess round here, fingers crossed I'll be able to take advantage eventually!

Ask a Question