How to detect the deletion of a Recurring Appointment...???

G

hi

I need to be able to detect when the user deletes an instance of a recurring appointment - not the Master item, but one of the Recurrence Items. Normally I detect deletion of Appointments by using myDeletedItems_ItemAdd() - but this doesn't work for the delete of a recurrence instance. Is this because it is an Exception being created rather than an Appointment being deleted? But there is no Add event (or any other event) for the Exceptions collection...

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

G

hello again

No worries i think i have it! - thanks to Mr Streblechenko's marvellous OutlookSpy software - http://www.dimastr.com/
- it can be trapped using the Item_Write event, plus a bit of code to check before and after Exceptions counts

cheers

andy

----- AndyK wrote: -----

hi

I need to be able to detect when the user deletes an instance of a recurring appointment - not the Master item, but one of the Recurrence Items. Normally I detect deletion of Appointments by using myDeletedItems_ItemAdd() - but this doesn't work for the delete of a recurrence instance. Is this because it is an Exception being created rather than an Appointment being deleted? But there is no Add event (or any other event) for the Exceptions collection...

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

Ask a Question