how to delay music

agm1992

I was given a powerpoint slide show file from HQ.
This slide show comes with background music.
I need to delay starting of this music by 2 slides, and cut off at the 18th.
I am using PP2000, but when I click SlideShow / Custom Animation
I cannot find any music or sound editing icon?
The Custom Animation task pank do not show anything.

Can you tell me where to locate the sound button, and how to find this song?
Thank you.

Could it be on the master slide maybe dragged off the slide so ypu cant see
it on other slides? Try viewing the master in 25% and see if you can see it.

What John said.
Also, click Slide Show > Slide Transition. Is there any sound there?
If yes, you will need to go to slide where you want the sound to start at,
click on the Sound drop down menu and select the added sound.
Then go back to slide 1, select [no sound].
Now, go to Slide 18, select [stop previous sound].

Is that what you want?
--
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP PowerPoint)

Site Updated: March 29, 2006
Added Animated Show
http://www.freewebs.com/pptheaven/index.html
PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate

agm1992

Thank you. I have tried both reduce size of photos and click Slide Show /
Slide Transition,
I still unable to find the sound button?
Can you please tell me how to find the embedded song inside a pp file?

agm1992 said:
I was given a powerpoint slide show file from HQ.
This slide show comes with background music.
I need to delay starting of this music by 2 slides, and cut off at the 18th.
I am using PP2000, but when I click SlideShow / Custom Animation
I cannot find any music or sound editing icon?
The Custom Animation task pank do not show anything.

Can you tell me where to locate the sound button, and how to find this song?
Thank you.

Michael Koerner

There may not be a sound icon follow the steps laid down by tohlz for each
slide until you find your sound.

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>

| Thank you. I have tried both reduce size of photos and click Slide Show /
| Slide Transition,
| I still unable to find the sound button?
| Can you please tell me how to find the embedded song inside a pp file?
|
| "tohlz" <pptheaven[AT]gmail[DOT]com> wrote in message
| | > What John said.
| > Also, click Slide Show > Slide Transition. Is there any sound there?
| > If yes, you will need to go to slide where you want the sound to start
at,
| > click on the Sound drop down menu and select the added sound.
| > Then go back to slide 1, select [no sound].
| > Now, go to Slide 18, select [stop previous sound].
| >
| > Is that what you want?
| > --
| > Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP PowerPoint)
| >
| > Site Updated: March 29, 2006
| > Added Animated Show
| > http://www.freewebs.com/pptheaven/index.html
| > PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate
| >

| > "agm1992" wrote:
| >
| > > I was given a powerpoint slide show file from HQ.
| > > This slide show comes with background music.
| > > I need to delay starting of this music by 2 slides, and cut off at the
| 18th.
| > > I am using PP2000, but when I click SlideShow / Custom Animation
| > > I cannot find any music or sound editing icon?
| > > The Custom Animation task pank do not show anything.
| > >
| > > Can you tell me where to locate the sound button, and how to find this
| song?
| > > Thank you.

If its a sound file attached to a transition fastest way to see it is to go
to slide sorter view and click each slide in turn with the slide transition
window open. Watch out for anything in the "sound" box

agm1992 said:
I was given a powerpoint slide show file from HQ.
This slide show comes with background music.
I need to delay starting of this music by 2 slides, and cut off at the 18th.
I am using PP2000, but when I click SlideShow / Custom Animation
I cannot find any music or sound editing icon?
The Custom Animation task pank do not show anything.

Can you tell me where to locate the sound button, and how to find this song?
Thank you.

agm1992

OK, for the current pp file I got, the music started immediately as soon as
I click the file.

: